Advisory: Be careful of what you read on social media. The algorithms used by these platforms have no regard for Biblical truth. They target your emotions to keep you engaged on their site so their advertisers can drop more ads. These platforms exist to enrich their stockholders. Consider God’s promise to Believers in James 1:5, “If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.”
Towards “Winter Of Discontent”…
One day after oil giant BP warned about rationing gasoline and diesel at UK service stations, Brits began to panic buy fuel as the government tried to calm fears.
Lines of cars and trucks are spilling over into the streets at service stations across the country. A BP spokesperson said Thursday that a truck driver shortage has resulted in its inability to transport fuel from refineries to its network of service stations. These words spooked the public, which could cause a more severe shortage due to the hoarding.
The scenes of long lines at gas stations bring back memories of the 1973 Opec Oil Crisis, the 2000 fuel shortage, and the virus pandemic disruptions amid fears the country is diving headfirst into a 1970s-style “winter of discontent” of shortages and socio-economic distress.
On Friday afternoon, Transport Secretary Grant Shapps told Brits on Sky News that there was no fuel shortage and for “everyone to carry on as normal.” His soothing words weren’t enough to stop the buying panic, which is expected to continue into the weekend.
Gasoline and diesel shortages will only stoke higher prices amid an expanding energy crisis that has resulted in another shortage: natural gas. This has caused power prices to erupt and disrupted chemical plants that halted fertilizer production, and has caused headaches for major food supply chains. Brits are also panic hoarding food.
The Daily Mail provides a list of issues that threatens a winter of discontent:
1. A shortage of natural gas causing a spike in gas bills for millions of Britons, along with the possibility of dozens of small energy firms going bust;
2. However ministers say ‘there is question of the lights going out, of people being unable to heat their homes. There will be no three-day working week, or a throwback to the 1970s’;
3. A shortage of natural gas leading to the closure of fertilizer plants, which produce the CO2 used in fizzy drinks and the meat industry;
4. The Government has since agreed a deal with fertilizer firms to restart a factory in a bid to maintain CO2 production;
5. A lorry driver shortage which is crippling the UK’s transport industry, leaving to empty shelves and slow delivery times;
6. Bosses say this could impact both of Christmas dinners and have an impact on the number of toys on the shelves;
7. Now bosses of major fuel firms have warned they will have to start shutting petrol stations because there are not enough lorry drivers to effectively distribute to all of its petrol stations;
8. It comes after the Bank of England warned on Thursday that surging household energy bills would send the cost of living spiralling by more than 4 percent this winter – the highest rate of growth for a decade
Worst still, there are now fears that shortages could bite households in the run-up to Christmas. The classic Christmas dinner could be decimated, with turkey, pigs in blankets, potatoes and brussel sprouts all at risk.
HNewsWire: “In October, November and December, There Will Be a Terrible Death Rate, Globally” Will Occur “Exclusively” With Vaccinated People. “Those Deaths Will Be Labeled Swiftly as a New Variant Strain of Covid
Trust-WHO-FDA-CDC-GOV.-HELL-NO — TrustGOD Only
The first psalm warns us not to keep company with evil people. We are told not to listen to their counsel, stand in their way or sit in their seats. The word ‘blessed’ is translated ‘happy’ in some newer renderings. Blessing implies the goodness of God will be with such a person. Look for these beatitudes throughout Scripture. If the Word gives us instruction as to what to do to find God pouring out His goodness on us, we should give careful attention to that instruction. You will be blessed if you avoid bad company. Man has a natural tendency to gravitate toward mocking and complaint. Don’t!
Consider: “If I meditate on God’s Word and don’t walk in the counsel of the wicked, whatever I do will prosper.”
A Labour-run London council has become the first nationwide to allow its schools to opt out of providing Christian assemblies. State-funded non-faith schools are required…Read More
[!(https://hnewswire.com/content/images/2017/03/cimbumiwwae_yer.jpg?resize=150%2C150)](http://220.127.116.11/cimbumiwwae_yer-2/) [!(https://hnewswire.com/content/images/2017/01/khjuhgkjyugh.jpg?resize=150%2C150)](http://18.104.22.168/khjuhgkjyugh/) AUSTIN, Texas (March 1, 2017) — The Texas Supreme Court heard arguments Wednesday in a Houston case that top Republicans hope will provide…Read More
CNN’s latest contribution to the Internet is a clock, keeping track of exactly how long it’s been since President Trump attacked someone on Twitter. The, like, totes…Read More
We make every effort to acknowledge sources used in our news articles. In a few cases, the sources were lost due to a technological glitch. If you believe we have not given sufficient credit for your source material, please contact us, and we will be more than happy to link to your article.