A U.S. district judge has blocked the state of Texas from cutting off Planned Parenthood’s Medicaid funding. This is the sixth instance in which a court has prevented a state from denying Medicaid funds to Planned Parenthood: Arkansas, Alabama, Kansas, Mississippi, and Louisiana have also attempted to make Planned Parenthood ineligible for funds.
On Dec. 20, 2016, the Office of Inspector General at the Texas Health and Human Services Commission sent a final notice informing Planned Parenthood that its participation in the state’s Medicaid program would be discontinued.
Referencing Center for Medical Progress videos released by pro-life activists in 2015, the notice informed Planned Parenthood that the inspector general “finds you are not qualified to provide medical services in a professionally competent, safe, legal and ethical manner under … state and federal law pertaining to Medicaid providers.”
According to Judge Sam Sparks’ ruling, the notice outlined specific alleged violations of accepted standards of medical practice by Planned Parenthood:
- “A history of deviating from accepted standards to procure samples that meet researcher’s needs.”
- “A history of permitting staff physicians to alter procedures to obtain targeted tissue samples needed for their specific outside research.”
- “A willingness to convert normal pregnancies to the breech position to ensure researchers receive intact specimens.”
- “An admission that ‘we get what we need to do to alter the standard of care where we are still maintaining patient safety, still maintaining efficiency in clinic operations, but we integrate research into it.’”
- “An admission that Planned Parenthood gets requests for ‘information from our study sponsor on what data they need that is not our standard of care,’ and that [Planned Parenthood] provides what is needed by creating a separate research protocol or template that can include medically unnecessary testing.”
- “A willingness to charge more than the costs incurred for procuring fetal tissue.”
- Planned Parenthood sought a preliminary injunction claiming that Texas violated a federal statute commonly referred to as the Medicaid “free choice of provider” provision, which says that beneficiaries may obtain medical services “from any institution, agency, community pharmacy, or person qualified to perform the service or services required … who undertakes to provide him such services … ”
On Tuesday, Sparks sided with Planned Parenthood and issued the requested injunction.
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton immediately announced plans to appeal the decision, sharply criticizing the judge’s decision to rule that “willingness to violate state and federal law on manipulating abortion procedures and profiting from the sale of fetal tissue, making false statements to law enforcement, and misleading multiple courts were insufficient grounds for Texas to exclude Planned Parenthood” from the state’s program. Planned Parenthood has denied any illegal activity.
In a press release, Texas Right to Life expressed disappointment in the decision, but added that it “hopes Texas will soon prevail in the decision to award Medicaid contracts to ethical providers that offer health services to Texas women and families”
Congress should follow Texas’ lead and end federal funding to Planned Parenthood affiliates and other abortion providers.
Disqualifying Planned Parenthood affiliates and other abortion providers from receiving Title X family planning grants, Medicaid reimbursements, and other grants and contracts does not reduce the overall funding for women’s health care.
The funds currently flowing to abortion providers can instead be distributed to health centers that offer comprehensive health care without entanglement with abortion on demand.
Congress should take this step in the context of the upcoming budget reconciliation bill to repeal Obamacare, ensuring that package includes a provision (just as the 2015 version of the bill did) that would make Planned Parenthood affiliates ineligible from receiving Medicaid reimbursements for one year after the enactment of the bill.
Ultimately, Congress should send the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act, which passed in the House of Representatives in January, to the president’s desk for signature.
“All Original Content Copyright ©2017 hnewswire.com All Rights Reserved
The number of Orphans aging out of Child Protective Custody has grown at an alarming rate. The 127 Faith Foundation receives many requests each week to house them at our ranch. Our prayer is that the good people of our country will step up to the challenge and offer financial support for "the least among us." We need your help! StevieRay Hansen, Founder, The 127 Faith Foundation
Mandatory Vaccines With the Blessing of the Ungodly ‘Trump Gates and Co Hell On Earth Show’ … While all of you soft Christian pastors have…Read More
(Tribulations) While Mainstream Media Continues to Push a False Narrative, Big Tech Keep the Truth From Coming out by Shadow Banning Conservatives, Christians, and Like-Minded…Read More
Been Held to Account for Their Crimes, Continues to Be Ignored by the Media… PFIZER HYPER-REPROBATES… Reprobate Doctrine. A Biblical doctrine that demonstrates in scripture,…Read More
Moderna COVID Vaccine Trial The Warning Signs Are All Around Us and Yet We Allow Satan Soldiers to Move Ahead With Mandatory Vaccination… Three of…Read More
Dangerous and Will Send You ‘to Your Doom’… On Wednesday, The Ingraham Angle on the Fox News channel broadcast a mind-boggling live interview with a world-renowned microbiologist…Read More
to Go Anywhere and Do Anything… On Wednesday the Department of Defense released the first images of a COVID-19 vaccination record card as well as vaccination kits,…Read More
Authored by John Whitehead via The Rutherford Institute, “Man’s conquest of Nature, if the dreams of some scientific planners are realized, means the rule of…Read More
This Great Reset That Satan Soldier Biden Talks About With Such Confidence… The Great Reset Cannot Be Complete Until America Is Placed Under U.N. Authority…Read More
Urged Citizens “Not to Relax… Stay Home” While Vacationing in Cabo… George Orwell’s Animal Farm gave us the useful phrase “All animals are equal, but some animals are…Read More