Advisory: The editorial board of HNewsWire adopted the official policy to bypass many social media platforms. Some of these include: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Parler, and YouTube. We believe these companies are responsible for many of the spiritual ills our world faces today. In some cases, however, we have allowed our guest contributors to include content from their YouTube channel while we search for alternatives.
[Human Events](http://www.humanevents.com/author/Human+Events)’ readers, in an online poll, [recently voted](http://www.humanevents.com/2011/03/28/george-soros-demagoat/) billionaire financier George Soros “*the single most destructive leftist demagogue in the country.*” Here are the Top 10 Reasons [George Soros](http://www.humanevents.com/2011/04/02/top-10-reasons-george-soros-is-dangerous/) Is Dangerous:
1. Gives billions to left-wing causes: Soros started the Open Society Institute in 1993 as a way to spread his wealth to progressive causes. Using Open Society as a conduit, Soros has given more than $7 billion to a who’s who of left-wing groups. This partial list of recipients of Soros’ money says it all: ACORN, Apollo Alliance, National Council of La Raza, Tides Foundation, Huffington Post, Southern Poverty Law Center, Soujourners, People for the American Way, Planned Parenthood, and the National Organization for Women.
2. Influence on U.S. elections: Soros once said that removing President George W. Bush from office in 2004 was the “central focus of my life.” He put his money where his mouth is, giving $23.58 million to various 527 groups dedicated to defeating Bush. His early financial support helped jump-start Barack Obama’s political career. Soros hosted a 2004 fund-raiser for Obama when he was running for the Illinois Senate and gave the maximum-allowed contribution within hours of Obama’s announcement that he was running for President.
3. Wants to curtail American sovereignty: Soros would like nothing better than for America to become subservient to international bodies. He wants more power for groups such as the World Bank and International Monetary Fund, even while saying the U.S. role in the IMF should be “downsized.” In 1998, he wrote: “Insofar as there are collective interests that transcend state boundaries, the sovereignty of states must be subordinated to international law and international institutions.”
4. Media Matters: Soros is a financial backer of Media Matters for America, a progressive media watchdog group that hyperventilates over any conservative view that makes it into the mainstream media. Now its founder, David Brock, has openly declared war on Fox News, telling Politico that the group was mounting “guerrilla warfare and sabotage” against the cable news channel, and would try to disrupt the commercial interests of owner Rupert Murdoch—an odd mission for a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt educational foundation that is barred from participating in partisan political activity.
5. MoveOn.org: Soros has been a major funder of MoveOn.org, a progressive advocacy group and political action committee that raises millions for liberal candidates. This is the group that had on its website an ad comparing President George W. Bush to Adolf Hitler and ran the infamous “General Betray Us” ad in the New York Times, disparaging the integrity of Gen. David Petraeus.
6. Center for American Progress: Headed by John Podesta, White House chief of staff under President Clinton, the Center for American Progress has been instrumental in providing progressive talking points and policy positions for the Obama administration. There has also been a revolving door between the White House and the Soros-funded think tank, with Obama staffing his administration with many CAP officials.
7. Environmental extremism: Former Obama green jobs czar Van Jones and his leftist environmental ideas have been funded by Soros’ money at these groups: the Ella Baker Center, Green For All, the Center for American Progress, and the Apollo Alliance, which was instrumental in getting $110 billion in green initiatives included in Obama’s stimulus package. Soros also funds the Climate Policy Initiative to address global warming and gave Friends of the Earth money to “integrate a climate equity perspective in the presidential transition.”
8. America Coming Together: Soros gave nearly $20 million to this 527 group with the express purpose of defeating President Bush. A massive get-out-the-vote effort, ACT’s door-to-door canvassing teams included numerous felons, its voter registration drives were riddled with fraud, and it handed out incendiary fliers and made misleading taped phone calls to voters. ACT was fined $775,000 by the Federal Election Commission for violations of various federal campaign finance laws.
9. Currency manipulation: A large part of Soros’ multibillion-dollar fortune has come from manipulating currencies. During the 1997 Asian financial crisis, Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir bin Mohamad accused him of bringing down the nation’s currency through his trading activities, and in Thailand he was called an “economic war criminal.” Known as “The Man who Broke the Bank of England,” Soros initiated a British financial crisis by dumping 10 billion sterling, forcing the devaluation of the currency and gaining a billion-dollar profit.
10. Delusions: Soros has repeatedly said that he sees himself as a messianic figure. Who but a megalomaniac would make these comments? “I admit that I have always harbored an exaggerated view of my self-importance—to put it bluntly, I fancied myself as some kind of god” or “I carried some rather potent messianic fantasies with me from childhood, which I felt I had to control, otherwise I might end up in the loony bin.” If only the loony bin were an option. As it is, one of the wealthiest men in the world is using his billions to impose a radical agenda on America.
11. Ability to buy politicians and district attorneys:
Leftist billionaire George Soros’s recent losses in the stock market haven’t interrupted his spending spree in pursuit of buying high-profile district attorneys’ seats.
Soros poured $1.45 million into the Philadelphia district attorney’s race to fund a super PAC in support of a progressive lawyer who has never worked as a prosecutor.
Larry Krasner, who was not favored to win before the arrival of Soros’s cash, went on to an 18-point victory in the Democratic primary on May 16, the Daily Caller reported.
Because Philadelphia is a Democratic stronghold, Krasner’s primary victory all but guarantees him a win in the general election in November.
“Soros changed the game,” the Philadelphia Inquirer said.
Analysts say Soros, who also helps fund Black Lives Matter, is bent on installing like-minded DAs in his bid to reform policing methods and soften drug laws.
Last fall, Soros pumped $600,000 into the Houston district attorney’s race. He initially gave $100,000 to Morris Overstreet, a former judge who was the first African-American elected to a statewide office in Texas history. Overstreet’s Democratic primary opponent, Kim Ogg, called Soros’ influx of cash “a last-minute money dump to try to buy the nomination.” Ogg won the Democratic primary and later the general election, thanks in part to her own last-minute money dump from Soros, who spent $500,000 on ads supporting Ogg.
Soon after she was sworn in, Ogg moved to decriminalize small amounts of marijuana, placing her at odds with U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ call for stricter enforcement of the nation’s drug laws.
Soros spent more than $7 million influencing local prosecutorial races in 2015 and 2016, The Washington Times reported.
Meanwhile, Soros upped what so far has been a losing bet on the U.S. stock market, CNBC reported.
“His two primary plays – against large-caps via the S&P 500 and small-caps via the Russell 2000 – have a notional, or potential, value of $764.3 billion,” according to an analysis from S&P Global Market Intelligence. The plays are through his family office Soros Fund Management.
“They continue a trend he began in 2016 of betting against the market, moves that haven’t worked out well considering the latest leg in the bull market,” CNBC said.
Soros also added to positions in social media with a losing bet on Snap, which is off 15.5 percent since its initial public offering in March.
12. Sorso Buys Another Politician:
Referring to Soros’ $26 million campaign to defeat President Bush in 2004 and his financial backing for Richardson, now a presidential candidate, anti-drug activist Steven Steiner comments, “Soros almost bought the White House in 2004. Now he is buying a presidential candidate.” Steiner runs Americans for Drug Free Youth.
Despite what you read or see in the major media, the idea of “medical marijuana” is a hoax, acknowledged by those on the inside of the movement, who admit that it is a carefully orchestrated step down the road to complete legalization of dope. In California, the first of 12 states to allow sales of “medical marijuana,” pot “clinics” have been raided by federal agents and exposed as massive drug-trafficking operations. The owner of one “clinic” was writing checks to himself for about $10,000 a week and had deposited $2.3 million in a bank account over just an eight-month period. There are said to be about 400 of these pot “clinics” statewide.
The city of Adelanto, California reports that its “medical marijuana dispensaries” have become magnets for muggings, illegal drug sales nearby, burglaries and other crimes. Meanwhile, doctors have been caught prescribing marijuana to high school students for health “problems” like stress and sleeplessness.
This doesn’t seem to matter to Soros, who has been backing “medical marijuana” initiatives for years. But it is surprising that Governor Richardson would push one of Soros’s initiatives so brazenly, knowing that the campaign could expose his ties to Soros and create the public impression that he is a puppet of the billionaire “philanthropist.”
Anti-drug activists are livid, having defeated the bill in the New Mexico House last week, only to see Richardson try to revive it. Time is of the essence because the legislative session ends on Saturday. The El Paso Times quoted Reena Szczepanski of the Drug Policy Alliance of New Mexico as saying, “I still believe we can get it through. I don’t think this is a long shot by any means.”
Szczepanski’s group is the state offshoot of the Drug Policy Alliance (DPA), a group funded by Soros in order to repeal the nation’s laws against illegal drug use. The DPA includes such figures as Soros, Walter Cronkite, Arianna Huffington, and Ram Dass on its board. Ram Dass, also known as Richard Alpert, achieved notoriety for experiments with LSD before becoming a mystic by studying yoga and meditation. Huffington, now known for the website that bears her rich ex-husband’s name, is also associated with the New Age movement, having been a follower of guru John-Rogers and his Movement of Spiritual Inner Awareness.
The Drug Policy Alliance and its New Mexico branch are affiliated with the Drug Policy Alliance Network, which gave Richardson $25,000. That was in addition to the $25,000 given to Richardson by Soros personally.
But it turns out that Richardson isn’t the only New Mexico politician doing Soros’s bidding. New Mexico’s Democratic Senator Jeff Bingaman arranged for the Drug Policy Alliance of New Mexico to get almost $500,000 in federal funds, supposedly to educate the public about the dangers of methamphetamine. It seems strange, to say the least, that a group promoting acceptance of illegal drugs should be getting federal money to fight them. Indeed, during the 2006 legislative session in New Mexico, the Drug Policy Alliance boasted about fighting bills “that would have increased sentences for people convicted of methamphetamine possession.” The group opposes “locking people up” when they violate the drug laws.
Although marijuana continues to be portrayed by media outlets as a “soft” drug, horrendous crimes have been associated with its use. In Richardson’s New Mexico last year, 16-year-old Cody Posey, a marijuana user, was convicted of killing his entire family on a ranch owned by media personality Sam Donaldson. Posey, who has even been caught smoking marijuana at school, had shot his father, stepmother and stepsister in their heads. On the stand during the trial, Posey also acknowledged using LSD at the age of 10.
The Drug Policy Alliance, however, considers marijuana to be relatively harmless and recommends “the elimination of criminal sanctions for consumption-related offenses.” It supported the “Compassionate Use Act,” the measure that passed in California, supposedly to make marijuana available to “sick and dying patients,” but which has led to more drug trafficking, more crime, and more use of marijuana by young people.
Ignoring the burgeoning scandal of “medical marijuana” in California, Bill Richardson’s aggressive service on behalf of the Soros agenda suggests that he is anxious to get a position on the Democratic ticket in 2008. He is clearly counting on the media to keep his Soros connection secret.
The 127 Faith Foundation: We do not solicit donations from “those on disability, on a fixed income, or those who cannot afford to give.” Please Pray!
Or, make checks payable to:
The 127 Faith Foundation
PO Box 127
Pontotoc, TX 76869
The number of Orphans aging out of Child Protective Custody has grown at an alarming rate. The 127 Faith Foundation receives many requests each week to house them at our ranch. Our prayer is that the good people of our country will step up to the challenge and offer financial support for "the least among us." We need your help! StevieRay Hansen, Founder, The 127 Faith Foundation
The “Luciferase Stamp” Are Not Allowed to Buy or Sell rev.13:17… By Edward O’Hara What if the “cov19 vaccine” is an agent by which the…Read More
Babble Scientists, (God Haters) This Is What You Get–50 Million Americans Out of Work an Economy That Has Been Destroying and People Looking for the…Read More
The Australian vaccine termination announcement comes only days after it was revealed in a newly released U.S. Food and Drug Administration document that 6 participants died…Read More
Campaign… God Has Taken Note of the People’s Inability to Control Our Ungodly Politicians That Have Intentionally Turn This Nation Into a Godless Hell on…Read More
Will Receive a COVID-19 Vaccine if a Bill Calling for a Mandatory Vaccine Gets Approved… New York State Assemblywoman Linda Rosenthal, a Democrat who represents New…Read More
We make every effort to acknowledge sources used in our news articles. In a few cases, the sources were lost due to a technological glitch. If you believe we have not given sufficient credit for your source material, please contact us, and we will be more than happy to link to your article.