Advisory: Be careful of what you read on social media. The algorithms used by these platforms have no regard for Biblical truth. They target your emotions to keep you engaged on their site so their advertisers can drop more ads. These platforms exist to enrich their stockholders. Consider God’s promise to Believers in James 1:5, “If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.”
Reprobate or a Reprobate Mind!…
The Short List of “Reprobate” found in Romans 1:28 in reference to those whom God has rejected as godless and wicked. They “suppress the truth by their wickedness,” and it is upon these people that the wrath of God rests (Romans 1:18). The Greek word translated “reprobate” in the New Testament is adokimos, which means literally “unapproved, that is, rejected; by implication, worthless (literally or morally).” SRH…
A reprobate mind is a mind that is given over to sinful passions and ungodly desires. It is another way of describing a person who is set on satisfying the flesh and not on the Spirit of God. It is a person who rejects God and does what is self-serving instead of what God desires. Therefore, someone who is reprobate is under the condemnation of God. Such a person does not attend church, does not care about the things of God, does not read the word, and does not pray. They are judged by God and are under condemnation, so they have no conviction of their sin or desire for God.
The term “reprobate mind” is found in the King James Version in Romans 1:28 and is rendered differently in different translations.
- “And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient,” (Romans 1:28, KJV).
- “And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper,” (Romans 1:28, NASB).
- “And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done,” (Romans 1:28, ESV).
The Greek word for reprobate, depraved, debased is ἀδόκιμος adókimos. It means…
- “Unapproved, unworthy, spurious, worthless. In a pass. sense meaning disapproved, rejected, cast away.”1
- “ἀδόκιμοςa, ον; ἄτοποςa, ον: pertaining to not being in accordance with what is right, appropriate, or fitting—‘not fitting, what should not be done, bad.”2
The Greek word for reprobate occurs 8 times in the New Testament but is translated into the English using various words.
- Romans 1:28, “And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper.”
- 1 Corinthians 9:27, “but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified.”
- 2 Corinthians 13:5, Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you—unless indeed you fail the test?”
- 2 Corinthians 13:6, But I trust that you will realize that we ourselves do not fail the test.”
- 2 Corinthians 13:7, Now we pray to God that you do no wrong; not that we ourselves may appear approved, but that you may do what is right, even though we may appear unapproved.”
- 2 Timothy 3:8, Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these men also oppose the truth, men of depraved mind, rejected in regard to the faith.”
- Titus 1:16, “They profess to know God, but by their deeds they deny Him, being detestable and disobedient and worthless for any good deed.”
- Hebrews 6:8, “but if it yields thorns and thistles, it is worthless and close to being cursed, and it ends up being burned.”
As you can see, there is a variety of meanings in the English for what reprobation is. But generally, the word means to test and find lacking.
- “In Rom. 1:28, at the end of a passage documenting human ungodliness (vv 18–27), Paul uses a wordplay to sum up his indictment. Since humanity tested and rejected (ou dokimázō, lit “not accept as proved” the knowledge of God, God gave them over to an adókimos mind, i.e., a way of thinking that, having been tested and found wanting, is rejected as base and worthless.”3
- REPROBATE—that which is rejected on account of its own worthlessness (Jer. 6:30; Heb. 6:8; Gr. adokimos, “rejected”). This word is also used with reference to persons cast away or rejected because they have failed to make use of opportunities offered them (1 Cor. 9:27; 2 Cor. 13:5–7).”4
Can Christians be of reprobate mind?
No, Christians cannot be of reprobate mind because they are indwelt by God (John 14:23), and are born again (John 3:3-8; 2 Corinthians 5:17). Because they are changed, Christians will seek the will of God. But, this does not mean perfection. It means that Christian struggle against their sin, but they are not judged by God as to have a reprobate mind (Romans 1:28).
The World Is In Big Trouble, for Those That Believe We Will Go Back to Some Sense of Normal Life Here on Earth, You Will Be Sadly Disappointed, Seven and Half Years of Hell on Earth Which Began January 1, 2020
“Our courts oppose the righteous, and justice is nowhere to be found. Truth stumbles in the streets, and honesty has been outlawed” (Isa. 59:14, NLT)…We Turned Our Backs On GOD, Now We Have Been Left To Our Own Devices, Enjoy…
While Mainstream Media Continues to Push a False Narrative, Big Tech Has Keep the Truth From Coming out by Shadow Banning Conservatives, Christians, and Like-Minded People, Those Death Attributed to the Coronavirus Is a Result of Those Mentioned, They Truly Are Evil…
Watchmen does not confuse truth with consensus The Watchmen does not confuse God’s word with the word of those in power…
In police-state fashion, Big Tech took the list of accused (including this site), declared all those named guilty and promptly shadow-banned, de-platformed or de-monetized us all without coming clean about how they engineered the crushing of dissent, Now more than ever big Tech has exposed there hand engaging in devious underhanded tactics to make the sinister look saintly, one of Satan’s greatest weapons happens to be deceit…
The accumulating death toll from Covid-19 can be seen minute-by-minute on cable news channels. But there’s another death toll few seem to care much about: the number of poverty-related deaths being set in motion by deliberately plunging millions of Americans into poverty and despair.
American health care, as we call it today, and for all its high-tech miracles, has evolved into one of the most atrocious rackets the world has ever seen. By racket, I mean an enterprise organized explicitly to make money dishonestly.
All the official reassurances won’t be worth a bucket of warm spit. The Globals are behind the CoronaVirus, It Is a Man-Made Bioweapon.
For those of you who care, Google and your favorite social media platforms have misled you, and now we all pay a heavy price for trusting the ungodly, Google and company, They knew exactly what they were doing, removing our history while preparing you to accept the New World Order playbook, Enjoy.
Parasitic Prostitutes, According to the Watchman There Is a Very Real Risk of Collapse in the Western Banking System
Side Bar SRH: Debt deal passes; McCarthy gets help from Dems; did I not tell you McCarthy is the other side, the UNIPARTY, these are……...Read More
Watchman: Banks, Real Estate, and Insurance Companies Crush The People Injustice Is a Form of Bondage and Oppression
The Bible has a lot to say on the subject of injustice. We know that God is in favor of justice; we know that He…Read More
Satan Soldiers, Biden, the Who, the FDA, the NIH, Pfizer, Moderna, and Others Who Were Complicit in Killing People Should Be Put On Trial for These Horrible Deeds
HNewsWire: Not Pfizer, but mRNA vaccines from both Pfizer and Moderna are to blame. Many mRNA vaccine recipients have had a variety of side effects, including…Read More
Watchman: Destruction of the Family
HNewsWire: Children are the prize to the winners of the cultural war. Those who control what young people are taught and what they experience will…Read More
Watchman Warning: Get Ready For The Next One The Next Plandemic: Smallpox, Marburg, or Both? Fear Works on The Weak and Christ Haters
If you’ve been wondering what the next phase of this public health insanity is going to look like, your wait is over. There Are Two…Read More
We make every effort to acknowledge sources used in our news articles. In a few cases, the sources were lost due to a technological glitch. If you believe we have not given sufficient credit for your source material, please contact us, and we will be more than happy to link to your article.
Leave a Comment