This Is Not Justice, It’s Lawlessness by the Same People Entrusted to Protect…
The End of Accountable Government Is Close at Hand Tyranny Has Now Descended upon the People
A Mississippi man being held at a county jail on a misdemeanor charge asked a guard to charge his cellphone. The phone was confiscated, and the man was slapped with a 12-year prison sentence for possessing a phone in a correctional facility.
The case has drawn strong reactions on social media, with many people urging Gov. Tate Reeves to get involved.
Willie Nash, 39, was booked into the Newton County Jail in 2018. According to court documents, the married father of three-handed a guard his phone and asked if it could be charged. The guard took the phone and gave it to a sheriff’s deputy.
When asked about the mobile device, Nash initially denied it belonged to him but eventually gave the deputy the password to unlock it. A court document states that Nash was using the phone to text his wife that he was in jail.
Mississippi law prohibits inmates in correctional facilities from possessing a cellphone. It is a felony offense with a sentence of 3 to 15 years, according to the court document.
A jury found Nash guilty of breaking the cellphone law and in August 2018 a judge sentenced him to 12 years in state prison. The judge told Nash to consider himself lucky because given his past burglary convictions he could have received the maximum 15-year sentence, according to a court document.
Nash did not appeal the verdict but challenged his sentence, saying it was “grossly disproportionate to the crime” and violated the U.S. Constitution’s Eighth Amendment, which forbids cruel and unusual punishments.
On Jan. 9, the Mississippi Supreme Court affirmed Nash’s conviction and sentence. According to online jail records, his expected release date is February 2029.
Justice James D. Maxwell II, writing for the court, said in the court document that while Nash’s sentence of 12 years was harsh it fell within the statutory range for that offense.
Justice Leslie D. King, however, wrote in an opinion that while he agreed the court reached the correct result under the law, he had concerns that the case demonstrated “a failure of our criminal justice system on multiple levels.”
Our Elected Officials, Law Enforcement Agencies Are Leviathan Spirits, “Twisted”
The Un-godly’ tactics are a “systematic shredding of GOD’s will for Mankind and undermining the rule of law…”
For centuries, it has been an established tenet of Western jurisprudence that a person cannot be punished for a crime unless the government first convicts him of the crime in a court of law. After the Constitution called the federal government into existence, our American ancestors demanded that this principle be enshrined in the Bill of Rights because they were convinced that federal officials would end up violating it.
The Fifth Amendment states in part:
“No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury…. nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.”
Cops across the country are padding their budgets with hundreds of millions of dollars by seizing property from American citizens, even when they have not been charged with a crime.
This process–called asset forfeiture–allows police to take property for themselves if they suspect it is being used for a crime, and though it was recently limited by Attorney General Eric Holder, it’s still ripe for abuse.
Loretta Lynch, President Obama’s nominee for attorney general, called asset forfeiture “a wonderful tool” during her confirmation hearing, so The Daily Caller News Foundation compiled seven of the most “wonderful” examples of the last decade.
1. Tan Nguyen hopped in his car excited about $50,000 in casino winnings. That excitement faded when he saw police lights in the rearview mirror. A Nevada police officer suspicious of the man’s large sum of cash confiscated it, Forbes reports. Nguyen said the cop threatened to seize and tow his car if he spoke up about it.
After hiring a lawyer, Nguyen was able to get his $50,000 back with attorney’s fees.
2. Matt Lee had his $2,400 cash confiscated from his car on a routine traffic stop. The worst part? It was taken by the same officer that targeted Nguyen: Deputy Lee Dove. In a shared settlement with Nguyen, Lee got his $2,400 back.
3. The Contemporary Art Institute of Detroit’s monthly “Funk Night” party got weird in May of 2008. The all-night dance party was raging when police burst in around 2 a.m., the Metro Times reports. Officers alleged the establishment did not have a license. They passed out loitering tickets and impounded 40 vehicles just because they were driven to the party. They all got their cars back. Oh, except for the one guy who had his car stolen from the impound lot. Also, they each paid a $900 impound fee, totaling more than $35,000.
4. Mississippi police pulled over a man for a routine traffic stop in July of 2013. An officer’s search of the vehicle found $360,000 in a secret compartment of the car. The police confiscated the money, though they had no proof the man committed a crime, ABC News reports. The report said cops “are not ruling out criminal activity.” Considering they confiscated his personal property, that seems right.
5. A New Jersey man’s stash of cash was taken by an officer when he traveled through Monterey, Tenn. George Reby had $22,000 cash in his car when he was stopped by a police officer, News Channel 5 reports. The officer took the money because he suspected it was drug money. However, the man said he was going to use the money to buy a car, for which he had active bids on eBay, something he was able to prove on his computer. When the officer wrote up the report, he failed to mention Reby’s claim that he was going to buy a car.
“If somebody told me this happened to them, I absolutely would not believe this could happen in America,” Reby told News Channel 5.
6. Even though they didn’t charge her with a crime, Georgia police took $11,530 from Alda Gentile at a regular traffic stop, The Associated Press reports. They searched the car for drugs but found none. Gentile said she had the money for a house-hunting trip to Florida.
7. A family in the Philadelphia suburbs that had their home seized by police because their son sold drugs out of the house, CNN reports. The son was charged for selling $40 of heroin, but the parents say they didn’t know about it. Source
The End of Accountable Government Is Close at Hand Tyranny Has Now Descended upon the People
We have let the government’s evil-doing, its abuses, power grabs, brutality, meanness, inhumanity, immorality, greed, corruption, debauchery, and tyranny go on for too long. We are approaching a reckoning. This is the point where a real bad actor steps in with lots of hollow empty promises, he’s known as the “antichrist”.
The Birth Pains Are Growing Stronger….
One of the signs of ruling class collapse is when they can no longer enforce the rules that maintain them as a ruling class. When the Romans started making exceptions to republican governance, it was a matter of time before someone simply decided the rules no longer applied to them. Perhaps the robot historians will consider Obama our Marius or Sulla. Maybe that person is in the near future. Either way, the rule of law is over and what comes next is the rule of men.
“Man will ultimately be governed by God or by tyrants.” as in Nancy Pelosi (D-San Fran-feces)
Our government has been overthrown. As evidenced by Trump’s capitulation on the border, his recent servitude to the GMO industry and his acquiescence to the warmongers, our President has been compromised. Our liberties are being eliminated one by one. Gun confiscation is next. The Constitution is gasping its last breaths. Our borders are destroyed and our culture has been turned upside down by every perversion known to man.
The watchman does not confuse truth with consensus. The Watchman does not confuse God’s word with the word of those who happen to hold power at present, or with the opinion of the majority. This is because powerholders and the majority can fall victim to a lying spirit-and this means a power that actually seizes the majority of experts, the political leadership, and the public.
They are tolerant of everything except dissenting values and opinions — meaning, of course, they are tolerant of nothing that matters, only themselves.”
Let Me Make This Abundantly Clear. (I Am Apolitical) While I Have a General Distaste for Electric Cars and Politicians No Matter the Party They Belong To, I Am Unashamedly Politically a Bible Believing Conservative Christian. I Have a Severe Distrust of Government. I Believe It Is the Most Inefficient and Ineffective Way to Accomplish Most Things. While I Strongly Disagree with Liberals/Progressives and Conservative on Most Political Issues, and While I Believe Liberals/Progressives and Most Politicians Are Misguided and Naive About What Big Government Will Eventually Result In, I Strive to Not Question Their Motives. At the Same Time, I Find Myself in Agreement with Conservative on Some Issues, and I Do Not Believe Electing Republicans Is the Answer to Everything. Sadly, the Main Difference Between Republicans and Democrats Is How Quickly They Want to Drive the Car Towards the Cliff. Put, I Do Not Believe the Government Is the Solution for Everything. I Do Not Place Any Faith, Trust, or Hope in Any Politicians to Fix What Is Wrong with the World. “Come Lord Jesus!” (Revelation 22:20)
The Watchman does not confuse truth with consensus. The watchman does not confuse God’s word with the word of those who happen to hold power at present, or with the opinion of the majority. This is because powerholders and the majority can fall victim to a lying spirit-and; this means a power that seizes the majority of experts, the political leadership, and the public.StevieRay Hansen
Justice, Lawlessness, Mississippi, End of Accountable Government, Law In Mississippi, out of control
The number of Orphans aging out of Child Protective Custody has grown at an alarming rate. The 127 Faith Foundation receives many requests each week to house them at our ranch. Our prayer is that the good people of our country will step up to the challenge and offer financial support for "the least among us." We need your help! StevieRay Hansen, Founder, The 127 Faith Foundation
Hunted by the Mob, Found by Christ
The gripping memoirs of the founder of HNewsWire. A binge-worthy afternoon read.
Settlement and They Want You to Trust Them With a Vaccine… The maker of OxyContin painkillers has reached an $8.3bn (£6.3bn) settlement and agreed to…Read More
Edward O’Hara… Does our being God’s children by spiritual birth entitle us to an inheritance? According to Paul’s gospel, it does. Paul wrote that “flesh and…Read More
Are Going to Line up for the Toxic Vaccine, Not!!… With stocks continuing to power higher on elevated hopes for a vaccine by the end…Read More
Scamdemic… People living in the western world are in the greatest fight for the future of pluralist and republican forms of governance since the rise…Read More
the Truth — God and God Alone Controls the Climate, Power Will Be Cut for More Than 466,000 Customers Across 38 Counties, Mainly Situated in…Read More
the Beginning… Just 60 Days Ago the Death Count Was 9,210 per CDC, Today They are Claiming Us Death Toll 224,058, It’s Apparent Any and…Read More
It Is Better To Speak The Truth that hurts and then heals, than falsehood that comforts and then kills. Let me tell you something, friend,…Read More
In His Desire To make man so he could choose to love Him and others of his own free will, created a plan that most…Read More