Most researchers have concluded that sexual orientation is a complex, multifactorial issue in which biological, social and psychological factors combine to play a role in the ultimate sexual orientation of an individual. According to Julie Harren, Ph.D., the formula for this interplay between factors might be represented by these equations:
–Genes + Brain Wiring + Prenatal Hormonal Environment = Temperament.
–Parents + Peers + Experiences = Environment.
–Temperament + Environment = Homosexual Orientation.
What’s missing from these equations are the existence of a soul, the choice of the individual, and the temptation of the devil (see James 1:14).
Although it may be easier, psychologically, for a homosexual to believe that homosexuality is inborn, the accumulated scientific evidence suggests otherwise. Homosexuals may have a genetic predisposition, but human choice is still a factor. A predisposition is not a constraint. Ultimately, sexual orientation is determined outside of the womb. For those who are unhappy living a homosexual lifestyle, this truth offers hope for change. Clinical experience has shown that, with help, some homosexuals can change learned responses and defense mechanisms to early painful experiences.
In 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, the sin of homosexuality is listed right next to theft. Just as there is no genetic excuse for stealing, there is no genetic excuse for homosexuality. Environment, culture, and choice make one a thief, and the same factors make one a homosexual.
Christ died for homosexuals. God loves persons of all sexual orientations, just as He loves all sinners. The Bible says, “God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8). Jesus Christ “is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world” (1 John 2:2). The gospel of Christ “is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes” (Romans 1:16). In Christ alone we find the definitive source for healing, restoration, forgiveness, and comfort. He is the way by which we can all experience the affirming, unconditional love, value, and acceptance of our Father in heaven.Source
Everyone knows there are gays and lesbians in everybody’s family. And no office would be complete without a sassy gay character. And just about every other kid in high school is wresting with his sexuality. I know. I watch TV.
Except it isn’t true, and the Centers for Disease Control just proved it. A new comprehensive study by the CDCwith over 33,000 participants has confirmed earlier estimates; less than 3 percent of the U.S. population self-identifies as gay, lesbian or bisexual. Earlier, much smaller-scale surveys have put that number at 4 percent.
Statistics on the percentage of the population that are homosexual and lesbian
- 3.8% of Americans are gay
- “The Williams Institute at the UCLA School of Law, a sexual orientation law and public policy think tank, estimates that 9 million (about 3.8%) of Americans identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender (2011).” (gaylife.about.com/od/comingout/a/population.htm)
- 1.8% of Americans are bisexual
- “The institute also found that bisexuals make up 1.8% of the population, while 1.7% are gay or lesbian. Transgender adults make up 0.3% of the population.” (gaylife.about.com/od/comingout/a/population.htm)
- 1% of American Households
- “The 2000 U.S. Census Bureau found that homosexual couples constitute less than 1% of American households.” (gallup.com/poll/6961/what-percentage-population-gay.aspx)
- 3%-8% are gay and lesbian
- The National Gay and Lesbian Task Force estimates three to eight percent of both sexes.(gallup.com/poll/6961/what-percentage-population-gay.aspx)
- “While the percentage of women and men aged 18-44 years who reported they were either heterosexual or homosexual was similar (94% of women and 96% of men said they were heterosexual while 1.1% of women and 1.7% of men said they were homosexual or gay), the percentage of women who reported they were bisexual was more than 3 times as high as men (3.5% of women vs. 1.1% of men).” (www.hhs.gov/opa/pdfs/r-and-e-update-spring-2011.pdf, p. 5.)
- 1.2% of Australians are gay
- “Number of homosexuals in Australia Nationwide statistics–1.2% of adults identify as homosexual or lesbian. * 1.6% of adult men identified as homosexual and 0.8% of women as lesbian. * 1.4% of women and 0.9% of men said they were bisexual. Source: The 2003 ‘Sex in Australia’ survey of 20,000 people, with a special weighting to Sydney’s homosexual centre. Conducted by the Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health & Society(ARCSHS) at La Trobe University. Published in Australian & NZ Journal of Public Health, Vol 27 No 2 2003 ISSN 1326 0200.” (saltshakers.org.au/issues/homosexuality/199-statistics-homosexuality)
- 1.5% of the adult population are gay and bisexual
- “The report by the Office of National Statistics placed Britain’s gay and bisexual community at 1.5% of the adult population, almost 750,000. Six years before, however, ministers had estimated the figure at almost 3.5 million.” (guardian.co.uk/society/2010/sep/26/gay-britain-national-survey-statistics)
- 1% of Canadians are gay
- “Among Canadians aged 18 to 59, 1.0% reported that they consider themselves to be homosexual and 0.7% considered themselves bisexual. About 1.3% of men considered themselves homosexual, about twice the proportion of 0.7% among women. However, 0.9% of women reported being bisexual, slightly higher than the proportion of 0.6% among men. ” (statcan.gc.ca/daily-quotidien/040615/dq040615b-eng.htm)
- Same Sex Marriages 3%:
- “For the first six months after gay marriage was legalized in the Netherlands, same-sex marriages made up 3.6% of the total number of marriages. The numbers have steadily dropped since then to around 3%, with 2,500 gay couples marrying in 2001, 1,800 in 2002, 1,200 in 2004, and 1,100 in 2005.” (gaymarriage.lifetips.com/cat/64319/gay-marriage-facts-statistics/index.html)
The Kinsey Report–10% of Americans Homosexual
- “In his 1948 book, Sexual Behavior in the Human Male, Alfred Kinsey shocked the world by announcing that 10% of the male population are gay.” (gallup.com/poll/6961/what-percentage-population-gay.aspx)
- “Prof Kinsey interviewed thousands of men and women in the United States between 1938 and 1952 and claimed that 13 per cent of the men, and 7 per cent of the women were “almost exclusively” homosexual. However, his methods have subsequently been cast into doubt. Professor Julia Ericksen, from Temple University in America, warned that Prof Kinsey’s methods could not be used to derive an indication as to the behaviour of the population as a whole.” (christian.org.uk/news/how-true-are-the-stats-on-uk-homosexual-numbers/)
- “The truth is that this ten percent statistic comes from a report published more than 40 years ago–the famous 1948 study led by William Kinsey.6 The only problem with this report is that its findings were terribly flawed by the methodology used to collect the supposedly representative sample of the U.S. population. Why were his findings flawed? For several reasons, first and foremost being that approximately 25 percent of the 5,300 individuals Kinsey studied were prison inmates, “who by the nature of their confinement, couldn’t have heterosexual intercourse.” In addition, 44 percent of these inmates had had homosexual experiences while in prison. This was hardly a representative sample of the American population.” (equip.org/articles/what-percentage-of-people-are-homosexuals-)
The National Health Interview Survey (NHIS), published July 15 by the CDC, was the first large-scale study of it’s kind. Data was collected from the Census Bureau, as The Washington Post reported, and 33,557 adults between the ages of 18 and 64 participated in the study, which included in-person interviews as well as follow-up phone questions.
The NHIS study found that, while 96.6 percent of adults identified as “straight”, 1.6 percent identified as gay or lesbian, and 0.7 percent called themselves bisexual. 1.1 percent responded “I don’t know” or said they were “something else” not listed. Source
That sure doesn’t sound like society according to Hollywood, or the news media, which have young Americans convinced 30 percent of the population is gay.
Maybe that’s because gay characters pop up in just about every product out of Hollywood. Men dress as women, give lap dances to other men and even get married in national awards shows likethe Grammys and Tony Awards. Media festivals likeSouth by Southwest and Sundance celebrate gay sex and all other kinds of relationships as completely normal. TV shows like “Modern Family,” “The New Normal” and “The Fosters” attempt to show that gay families are just as common and normal as any other family.
The news media does their part too. CNN has a particularly cozy relationship with GLAAD, the gay speech police. CNN’s Paul Begala claimed in 2011, “One out of 10 Americans is gay…At Least 10 percent of us are gay or lesbian.” The media attacks businesses and churches as being out of step with reality, and calls for children’s organizations like the Boy Scouts to include gay scout leaders.
Meanwhile the media highlights stories of transgender toddlers and invokes pity for the handful of gay students who go to Christian colleges and are open about their sexuality, then complain when they are asked to abide by the school’s religious rules.
Gay activists who say hateful things get a pass from the media too. Take Dan Savage, who has said all kinds of vile comments towards conservatives, Christians, and women, yet the media ignores his hate. The moment a Christian refers to the Bible on homosexuality, the media relentlessly attacks the person, their family, and tries to take away their livelihood. They did that with Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty and Chic-Fil-A’s Dan Cathy.
A much higher percentage of the population believes marriage should be between man and a woman. The annual March for Marriage is the largest march of its kind yet the media refuse to report on it each year. Source
It is impossible to find anyone in the Bible who was a power for God who did not have enemies and was not hated.
Like Joseph and Daniel of the Old Testament who served secular kings, we are called to serve everyone and help them fulfill their divine destiny. Jesus made it clear that people who want to lead or be great must be the servants of all. Serving is the way of leadership in the kingdom.
Forcing our way onto the world is not great leadership. Some accuse us of doing this very thing because we speak up on moral issues. It is important that we speak up on issues, but it’s also equally important that we love everyone no matter their persuasions.
Someday Jesus will rule the world; in the meantime, we should just serve well and let our good works speak of our Father who loves everyone.
Evil Exists So Spiritual Warfare Becomes Necessary!
MY MISSION IS NOT TO CONVINCE YOU, ONLY TO INFORM…
Evil men don’t understand the importance of justice, but those who follow the Lord are much concerned about it. ~ Proverbs 28:5
Jesus come quick, there is nothing left in society that’s sacred….
#bankers #banks #fraud #bankbailouts #criminals #bankercriminals #abuse #dishonest #bloodsuckers #chokeholdspecialist
The number of Orphans aging out of Child Protective Custody has grown at an alarming rate. The 127 Faith Foundation receives many requests each week to house them at our ranch. Our prayer is that the good people of our country will step up to the challenge and offer financial support for "the least among us." We need your help! StevieRay Hansen, Founder, The 127 Faith Foundation
Are at the Mercy of These Worthless Godless Satan Soldiers Including Any Law Enforcement Atty. Gen.’s or Cops Obeying Orders That Are Contrary to God’s…Read More
Brilliantly… Madrid Expands Lockdown to More Than 1 Million People; Global COVID-19 Cases Top 32mn After Record Surge Summary: Netherlands posts new case record Madrid…Read More
to the Moment the Abraham Accord Was Announced. in the Blink of an Eye Everything Changed… Yes, this is the Daniel 9:27 covenant, You can think…Read More
Christians Arrested While Singing Hymns in Idaho One of the Most Ungodly States in the Republic… At least five Christians were arrested during a hymn…Read More
NYC LA Denver Oakland Washington DC and Other Cities Across the US… DOJ: More than 300 charged with crimes committed ‘under the guise’ of peaceful…Read More
BELIEVE… Edward O’Hara Thu 9/24/2020 6:44 PM… This is so true. So many believe in whatever their senses lead them to that their beliefs make…Read More
in Some States… This dreary picture is echoed in the New Testament. Jesus said it will be a time of tribulation “such as has not occurred…Read More
Tribulation Will Playout — “Hell on Earth” Big Tech Continues to Play God With the Truth… Breonna Taylor Protests Break Out in Cities Across Nation…Read More
and Destroy Property at What Point Does the Trump Administration Arrest George Soros and Now Michael Bloomberg Has Got in the Act of Terrorism… The…Read More
Update 9/24/2020 China Pork Reserves At Risk Of ‘Running Out In Months’ As Prices Soar China could be on the brink of exhausting its massive…Read More