However compelling at face value, that argument fails to take in the entire scenario. The health services provided at Planned Parenthood clinics are not comprehensive but require referrals to other healthcare providers after rudimentary screenings. For example, no mammograms are provided in any Planned Parenthood clinics; only physical exams which could then lead to a referral. The main services provided by Planned Parenthood, according to its own reporting are contraception, STI/STD testing and treatment, and pregnancy testing.
However, Planned Parenthood reports each service individually, rather than each visit. So a woman may come in for an abortion and also receive a pregnancy test, STD test, and contraception. Each of those services is added up separately– and thus Planned Parenthood was able to say in 2015 that abortion accounted for only 3% of its work.
Finally, the scene is crowded with 13,540 other types of health clinics that provide for women’s healthcare, mostly at a low cost as community health centers. In comparison, Planned Parenthood has fewer than 700 clinics open. Without Planned Parenthood, women can easily get health needs taken care of elsewhere. (Read more about community health clinics in the AFA Journal.)
In observing January as Sanctity of Life Month, consider and share these nine reasons women can do without Planned Parenthood – and gain more benefits by going elsewhere:
- Other health centers are more numerous and therefore more widespread and convenient to reach than Planned Parenthood clinics. A woman is 20 times more likely to find a community health center near her than she is to be able to get in the car and drive to a Planned Parenthood.
- Healthcare at community clinics is typically provided free or at a very low cost based on income, whereas Planned Parenthood also charges based on a sliding scale at the same time as collecting substantial payments for every abortion.
- Community clinics are nonprofits funded by private donations from individuals, churches, charities, and other local entities. They create little to no tax burden, quite an exception from Planned Parenthood’s heavy drain on taxpayer dollars.
- Other health clinics are more likely to have the necessary equipment or maintain good relations with providers who can offer the health screenings that women need. Even small, local offices often have basic radiology machines or a working agreement whereby they can refer their patients to a nearby hospital or clinic.
- These clinics are often creative in the way they meet their communities’ needs. Many have mobile units that are more cost-effective or accessible for needs like sonograms or blood work.
- Nonprofit or low-cost clinics often belong to a larger network of affiliates or are members under an umbrella organization. These ties help lower costs, maintain accountability and operating standards, and make it easier to find clinic listings. They can be searched for on websites like getyourcare.org and freeclinics.com, to name a few.
- Clinics that don’t center on promoting abortions and contraception are more likely to give a fair assessment of a patient’s options and full disclosure of what is best for her. And unlike Planned Parenthood, they have the facilities and professional standing to give comprehensive treatment for overall health rather than focusing on one aspect.
- Health clinics that are faith-based or operate as a community outreach have programs for longer-term care, continuing beyond the need that first brought a patient into the clinic. These may include health-related issues such as preventative care or rehabilitation for an underlying cause that led to a health problem, or it may be related to broader issues such as family counseling, parenthood classes, or job skills.
- Faith-centered clinics, or those that receive support and volunteers from churches or religious groups, may recommend and connect people to churches and ministry programs. In the long-term, the goal of community clinics is to build relationships with people that will bring change for the better in every area of their lives.
(Unless otherwise noted, the opinions expressed are the author’s and do not necessarily reflect the views of the American Family Association or American Family Radio. Likewise no comments directed at the moderator(s) will be approved.) afa.com
The number of Orphans aging out of Child Protective Custody has grown at an alarming rate. The 127 Faith Foundation receives many requests each week to house them at our ranch. Our prayer is that the good people of our country will step up to the challenge and offer financial support for "the least among us." We need your help! StevieRay Hansen, Founder, The 127 Faith Foundation
Approach to Finalize the New World Order Chokehold on the People, We Are Being Attack From Every Possible Angle and Eventually Something’s Going to Give,…Read More
‘Safeguard Our Religious Liberties’ — Srh: Yeah Just Like Roberts the Bush Appointee Turned His Back on Christians… Our Supreme Court perverted justice The WatchMan…Read More
the DOD Gave $1,000,000,000 That’s $1bn in COVID Relief to Defense Contractor Wish Lists, Our Government Is No Longer Subject to the People It Marches…Read More
Know the Food Chain is Broken Yet They Continue to Put Lipstick on a Pig in Order to Keep the Masses Calm… If you are…Read More
CDC Data Shows High Virus Survival Rate: 99%-Plus for Ages 69 and Younger, 94.6% for Older… The U.S. Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention…Read More
New York Suffers Most New COVID-19 Cases Since June as US Outbreak Accelerates… Summary: New York tops 1000 cases for first time since June China…Read More
— the Ungodly Have Finally Taken Over and America Is Almost Completely Turned Over to Satan OUR Supreme Court Is the Core of Satan Soldiers……Read More
to Kill Him but a Dirt Bag Like Woodward Can Publish Lies All Day and the Powers to Be, Liberal Press and the CIA Praise…Read More
and Congressmen in America Will Start Tested Positive for the “Pestilent“ Dignitaries from around the world start to test positive ,God Speaking Not Many Listen……Read More
BLM Protest Gets Chased, Beaten and Arrested on Live TV… The driver of a white Toyota Prius who had carefully weaved through a BLM protest…Read More